Tosh is one of the most beautiful village after Kasol in Parvati valley. If you guys are planning a trip to Kasol then Tosh should always be on your wish list. In this article I will tell you how to tosh and things to do around.
Snow-capped peaks, lush green landscapes and the freezing temperature are some of the basic characteristics of village Tosh.
If you are planning a weekend of 2-3 days then Parvati valley is the best option but never come here with your families.
Tosh is small village in Parvati valley and is located at a distance of 21 Km from Kasol. This village has recently become a hub of bag packers who come flocking here in search of parties or cheap accommodation. Tosh is not that expensive as compare to Kasol. The guest houses and the hotels are available both at the entrance and far end of the village.
Food in the village is served in the local cafes and stalls. Pizza, omelets’, toast are few of the easily accessible things in the village. Maggie can also be another great option for a budget bag packer.
The main occupation of the people in Parvati valley is the production of Hashish. May that place be Kasol, Malana, Tosh, Pulga or any other village. Apple orchards are also a big source of income for the local people. Wooden houses in the village are excellent example of architecture of Mountain people.
Same like Malana these people also worship Jamdagni Rishi as their main deity. The temple of Jamlu devta is setup in the center of the village. Which is opened only once a year. Large Verandah is an characteristic feature of the temples in Himachal Pradesh, which is used during special occasions for various rituals.
How to Reach Tosh Village From Kasol
- Most of the travelers start their journey from Delhi. So I am going to tell you how can a person reach Tosh from Delhi
- Volvo is the best option which start from Kashmiri Gate in Delhi to Manali in Himachal Pradesh
- Don’t head to Manali in the Volvo. Get down in the place named as Bhuntar from where you will head to Kasol
- If you are Budget traveler then you can take a bus from Bhuntar to Kasol which run at regular interval one after another.
- But if you are an adventurous person then you can rent a bike from Bhuntar to commute in the valley. Bike rental call 8988265439
- After Kasol you need to head toward Manikaran and then toward Barsheni and then finally toward your destination Tosh.
- Roads from Bhuntar to Manikaran are metalled but are in fair condition.
- Roads from Manikaran to Tosh are in very very bad condition.
- Vehicles do reach till the end but it entirely depends on your driving skills.
- Best options to travel in Parvati valley is by the bikes. Bus services are also available but the timing of buses are very irregular. You need to wait very long in order to commute in the buses.
Distance Chart for Parvati valley
- Bhuntar to Kasol = 31Km (Fair condition of road)
- Kasol to Manikaran = 4.5Km (fair condition of road)
- Manikaran to Barsheni = 8Km (fair condition of road)
- Barsheni to Tosh = 7.6Km (Very Bad condition )
- Kasol to Tosh = 22km
Things to Do around Tosh
Manikaran is a holy destination in the Parvati valley of Himachal Pradesh along the banks of river Parvati. This place lies at an distance of 34km from Bhuntar (nearest airport) and lies at distance of 4km from Kasol which is also referred to as mini Israel. Manikaran is holy center for both Hindus as well as Sikhs. The legendary tales states that once the wife of lord Shiva, Parvati dropped her earings in the spring of Manikaran which led to the uprising of hot water from the place. On the other hand Sikhs believe that the third Udasi, Guru Nanak Dev Ji came to this place in 1574 with his disciples. After some time one of his disciple felt hungry. So they went to collect food but the only problem was that there was no fire to cook. Then Guru Nanak lifted the stone in Manikaran and the spring of hot water came out of the earth Surface.
it is a village which lies in close proximity to Kasol and Manikaran everyone knows why it is so famous. Yes definitely it’s the M cream or the Malana cream. Kasol has always been a destination for the weed lovers who want to enjoy their life in the midst of smokeoffered by nature. Parvati valley offers you that which is difficult to find anywhere in the entire country and that makes this place unique. The rave parties of chalaal are renowned throughout for the magical stuff and the magical mood that will take you away from this planet. Trekking route from Kasol to chalaal is quite busy due to some above mentioned things and hence its also considered heaven for the smokers.
it is a difficult trek of 13 Kms uphill from Varshaini. To reach Varshani you need to go through Manikaran,On your way to kheerganga you will cross many bridges and waterfalls. The trek is very famous for it’s rawness and the hot water springs. People travel to Kheerganga as it has a temple of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and the holy hot water springs are believed to have healing properties. The panaromic view of the surroundings and the sky from Kheerganga is an absolute delight to the eyes.
It is a beautiful as well as peaceful village located at a distance of 32kmfrom Bhuntar (nearest airport) in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. This village lies adjacent to gurgling Parvati river where you can sit along the river and enjoy the tranquillity and peace offered by nature. The specialty of the place lies in the trekking routes to various places like Malana, Chalaal, Kheerganga etc and you can definitely visit Manikaran which is at a distance of 4km from Kasol. Kasol is abode for the trekkers, backpackers and for those who cannot control their adrenaline rush. The cafés in the area offer you world-class cuisines which will definitely make your mouth water.
So this was the easiest method of reaching Tosh from Kasol or Delhi. If you still have any doubt or query you can pen down in the comment section