For me Bike trips are the best way to explore any destination. No worry about the bus timing etc. Just start your bike and travel wherever you want to.
I remembered my last trip to Kasol where I started my journey from Chandigarh. It was 12 in the noon and I was looking for the bus which would take me to my ultimate destination Kasol. After 9 hours of hectic journey I reached the place called Bhuntar. It was 9 in the evening and I had no guts to travel further to Kasol all I needed was a bed and cheap accommodation to stay. Next morning I got up early around 7 o clock and took my seat in the bus called KTC Kullu which took me to Kasol. The view which my eyes witnessed was far away from this world, all I could spot was beautiful Parvati river flowing along the highway. I just felt bad for one thing that why I did’nt brought my bike along on this trip. I wanted to feel the cool breeze of Parvati river while riding my bike along the highway to Kasol. After reaching Kasol I realized that it was really difficult for any person to commute here without bikes, all I could spot was group of hippies traveling on their Royal enfield and hence I finally decided to rent/hire a bike from Kasol for rest of my trip.
Bike rental in Kasol
First and the foremost thing, There are several tour/travel operators/Mechanical workshops/mechanics in Kasol and Manikaran who offer services for renting or hiring a bike or motorcycle in Kasol and Manikaran. The main thing is to be sure that the bike you are hiring is in good condition . I long ago hosted one person by the name Shivanshu dharmani in Chandigarh who told me to contact for any help in the valley. I called him and he gave me the number of Rahul Thakur who runs a bike rental agency in Bhuntar and also provide bikes in Kasol for renting. For my surprise he also had few bikes in Kasol for renting and within 5 minutes he arrived with the Royal Enfield. It cost me around 3000 for 2 days and was really amazed. I was so much impressed by his service that I promised him that I will recommend all my friends to you for renting bike in Kasol Rahul Thakur- 8988265439
Important Things to know for hiring a Bike/Motorcycle in Kasol
- The first and the last thing you should do before renting a bike is to check it properly. The conditions of the bikes are not that good so “prevention is always better than cure”.
- You should always book a bike after reaching a particular place. Booking online can create problems sometimes. Visit the various bike rental workshops test drive a bike before actually renting it for a trip
- You should always have a valid driving license before renting a bike. If you are beginner in riding a bike then you should prefer bus as a good traveling option to parvati valley or Kasol
- Some dealers will provide you too old bikes which will cost your pockets very less but that is never a good idea. Try to get a new bike at a decent price after bargaining. Bargaining is tool which I always use while traveling in Himachal.
- If you want to plan a short trip for the local sightseeing then renting a bike in Kasol can be a good option but if you are looking to plan a trip to Leh Ladakh then Bhuntar is much better option for renting a bike.
- Make sure that the RC(registration certificate), Insurance and PUC (Pollution Under Control) documents related to rented/hired bike are provided and they are up to date and valid enough. After all you do not want to land in some dismal situation on your life time trip.
- Always ask your bike renter to attach carrier to your bike so that it becomes easy for you guys to carry your luggage in most comfortable manner.