As I have always mentioned that bikes are the best mode to travel to Kasol or any other part of Parvati valley. So today in this article I will tell you how you guys can book your bike rentals for Kasol online before reaching the place.
Is Booking a bike before a good Idea?
I know this might be the first question in your mind after reading the title of this article but let me clear you few things that how booking a bike before reaching the place is a better idea than searching for a bike after reaching the place. Recently Our team at walking wanderer have received number of calls where people usually ask for rentals around Kasol after reaching there.
Kasol is a very small village with just one or two bike rental stores so it becomes very important to book a bike minimum 15 days before planning a trip to Kasol otherwise due to the weekends the availability of bikes become nil but if you have already booked one you can be tension free regarding your plans to Kasol. So that’s why I believe booking should always be done in advance
I have written one article in which I have mentioned how you can plan a three days trip to Kasol, covering all the major villages like Tosh, Malana, Kheerganga and Bijli Mahadev but this is only possible if you have a bike then that can be yours or the rented one. The main problem lies here as it is not feasible to carry your bikes along so the rented bikes are the best option.
So surely booking a bike before is definitely a good Idea.
How do we check the condition of bike?
This is the first question for me as well when I travel to some place and need a bike for rental. I have been traveling across the Valley for past 6 year, sometime I bring my own bike and sometimes I rent one. And I rent from one of the most trustworthy person I know here Thakur bhai. This person has helped me in providing bike not only locally but also to Leh, Ladakh and Spiti for my bike expeditions. So you can be tension free regarding the condition of bikes which he provides. when ever someone demands bikes from us I call him and he says “Pehle bolna tha na bhai”. So finally I thought of writing this article so that you guys can book bikes before reaching the place and can plan a sweet and memorable trip to Parvati valley.
Rahul Thakur -8988265439 – I have mentioned his number, you can call him regarding bike bookings in Kasol and around.
Note: Never ever Rent bikes from the local Mechanics. I have small incident to share one of friend told me that he tried to look for some cheap rental services in Kasol, he even got one but when he returned the bike he was blamed for scratches and damage which were present from first only. He was later told to pay more money. This was how he was cheated. So remember whenever you rent a bike always rent from trusted source. The above shared number is one of really trustworthy persons I know in Himachal.
Read: Rave party Kasol
How do we plan a bike trip to Kasol using rented bikes?
- Most of the people start their journey from Delhi or Chandigarh so I will start from Delhi. First of all the best way to initiate the trip from Delhi is to take a Volvo from Kashmiri gate to Manali on Friday night so that your complete trip can be scheduled properly.
- 12 hours is the minimum time that a Volvo bus takes to reach Bhuntar, a place in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh.
- Remember that bus is from Delhi to Manali so you need to land up at place called Bhuntar which comes 50km before Manali.
- Bhuntar is a small town from where the highways separate to Parvati valley and Manali. Here in Bhuntar you can have a breakfast or tea before heading to Kasol or Parvati valley.
- As per schedule on Saturday morning you are in Bhuntar, Now from Bhuntar you can either take a local transport bus to Manikaran which runs after regular interval one after another from 9am on-wards.
- After two hours drive you will reach Kasol, Which will be like 12 in the noon on Saturday you will be in Kasol. Now you can call your bike rental provider to provide your booked bike and directly head toward Malana. After the orders of local deity of Malana, tourist is only allowed to visit the place but no staying place is granted to the people. So you can do the local sightseeing of the culture, explore the village etc.
- After that you can return back to Kasol and have a night stay for the Saturday night.
- Try to visit the local cafe’s, try the local cuisine, enjoy the music along the Parvati river.
- Next day try to get up early i.e is on Sunday and head toward Manikaran. Here you can visit the Gurudwara and local Shiva temple.
- After that you can head toward Barsheni >> Tosh and start your trek to Kheerganga. The trek to kheerganga is around 13 Km long binding some picturesque beauty.
- After reaching Kheerganga you can camp there for the night and enjoy your beautiful life in the midst of most beautiful valley in the world.
- On Monday morning you can trek back and head back to whatever destination you want.
Note : Above mentioned plan would be only possible in budget if you have your bike or the rented one otherwise if you plan the same trip it would cost a dent in your pocket as taxis will charge far more than what self drive bikes will charge you.
If we plan for Kheerganga what will we do with the bikes?
The above mentioned question is one of the most repeated question which me and my teammates hear, So remember if you are planning a trek to kheerganga then you can park your bikes at a place called Barsheni from where the trek to Kheerganga starts. Here you can find number of vehicles parked in a line so you can park your vehicle here without any worry of stealth.
Tips to know for bike booking
- Always ask for pictures for bikes before making a booking. In case you are doing booking for bikes from your source or mine always ask for the pictures of bikes he/she has for rentals
- Always clear the amount to be deposited before you make any payment
- Always try to bargain the price and ask for helmets and saddles, Some rental services charge extra for saddle but still try to get that for free along with the bike.
- Make sure that the RC(registration certificate), Insurance and PUC (Pollution Under Control) documents related to rented/hired bike are provided and they are up to date and valid enough. After all you do not want to land in some dismal situation on your life time trip.
Bike rental rates in Kasol
Royal Enfield Himalayan – 1700 per day
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 – 1500 per day
Royal Enfield classic 350 -1300 per day
Street Avenger – 1000 per day
Scooties – 700 per day
Bike Ride Accessories on Rent in Leh – Ladakh
Two Men Tent = Rs 500
Sleeping Bag = Rs 200
Sleeping Mattress = Rs 150
Riding Jacket = Rs 300
Knee / Elbow Guard = Rs 200
Riding Gloves = Rs 100
Ladakh Carrier / Saddle Bags = Rs 100
Gum Boots = Rs 50
Digital Camera = Rs 500
Go Pro with mounts = Rs 700
The rates mentioned above are for per day
so I hope you would have got why you should book your bikes online before reaching Kasol