Kheerganga is one of the most beautiful and easy trek to do in Parvati valley, Himachal Pradesh. Kheerganga is situated at an altitude of 2960m from sea level binding some picturesque beauty of the Himalayas. 12km trek to kheerganga falls under the easy category of difficulty level, half of which is normal walk till Rudranaag and another half is mild climb, covered with pine trees which soon open to the meadows of Kheerganga.
Ever since I have shared my trekking experience to Kheerganga I have got number of queries regarding ” How to rent or hire a tent in Kheerganga”.
So today I thought of writing an entire article dedicated to this topic. Being a backpacker I can understand that it is not always easy to carry your trekking accessories along such as tent, sleeping bag or mats. So it becomes very important to know the right person at right place who can help you with such things, like hiring a tent etc.
I visited Kheerganga 6 years ago and believe me guys the scenario of the place was totally different at that time. There was not even a single stall where you can get Maggie, food etc so it was more challenging at that time. We carried our own rented tents, sleeping bags, stoves, lights and stayed there for 2 nights.
At that time it was one of the best experience of my life as it was raw and pure.
How to Rent/Hire tent in Kheerganga
If you are planning a trip to Kasol then Kheerganga is one of the best places to visit but for planning a trip to Kheerganga you need to know about How to rent tents and other accessories.
When you travel from Delhi to Kasol, you will be dropped at a place called Bhuntar which is 35km away from Kasol. From Bhuntar one way leads to Manali and other way to Kasol. When I first came to this place a friend of mine gave me the number of Rahul thakur who used to rent bikes and tents for kheerganga and Kasol = 8988265439. This guy was of great help at that time. We reached the place around 6 in the morning and still within one call this guy delivered us with tents and bikes just in 15 minutes.
when I last called Thakur bhai he even told me that now he has pitched his own camping in Kasol and Kheerganga. So guys if you are also looking for renting a tent for Kheerganga then you can surely call thakur bhai.
He is one such person who loves to help travelers so if you are even confused with your plans to Kasol or Kheerganga, you can give him a call and for sure this guy will help you out.
Note: Always plan minimum of 3 days trip to Parvati valley. You can extend your trip according to your plan but 3 days should be minimum. you can read my article How to plan trip to Kasol for 3 days.
How to Plan Trek to Kheerganga
- Take a volvo bus from Delhi to Bhuntar. Once you reach Bhuntar early in the morning you can either take a taxi or can rent bike+ can also rent a tent for Kheerganga trek
- Go till Varsheni, here you can park your bikes or scooties and start a trek to Kheerganga.
- Trek to Kheerganga is 14km long which will take 6-7 hours.
- After reaching there by evening you can pitch your tents, have a dip in hot water, have your food.
- Next morning start early and return back
- After that you can go to tosh, Malana, Kasol, Manikaran, Prashar lake.
Important things to Know Before renting a tent
- The first and the last thing you should do is to rent a tent from trusted source. I have shared many cheating experiences with my readers. Where they were cheated on security deposit. But the number I have shared above is my trusted source and also a good friend of mine so you can trust him for sure.
- If you are planning a trip to Kheerganga and don’t want to rent the tents and instead want to use the already pitched tents, then you should do an advance booking. Because the crowd is too much and the tents are very less.
- Some dealers will provide you too old tents which will cost your pockets very less but that is never a good idea. Try to get a new tent at a decent price after bargaining. Bargaining is tool which I always use while traveling in Himachal.
- Tent or camping is basically a concept for trekking routes. If you are planning a short holidays in Kasol during the peak season then your major concern would be the budget.
During the peak season in Kasol, rooms in the hotel are quite expensive and sometimes literally out of your budget then at that time the best option is to rent or hire a camp in Kasol.
- If you want to plan a short trip for the local sightseeing then renting a tent for Kasol can be a good option but if you are looking to plan for relaxing and luxury then it’s not a good Idea.
I hope this article helps you in renting a tent for Kheerganga or Kasol for your next trip. If you still have a doubt you can comment below.