Kheerganga is one of the most beautiful and easy trek to do in Himachal Pradesh. Best time to visit Kheerganga for trekking ? is the most asked question in my email box. So today I thought of writing a detailed article on this topic.
Kheerganga is situated at an altitude of 2960m from sea level binding some picturesque beauty of the Himalayas. 12km trek to kheerganga falls under the easy category of difficulty level, half of which is normal walk till Rudranaag and another half is mild climb, covered with pine trees which soon open to the meadows of kheerganga.
Best Time To Visit Kheerganga
I have visited Kheerganga number of times and it is among my favorite places in parvati valley. The lush green meadows and the gurgling sound of water flowing along the trek is magical. So if you are planning a trek to kheerganga than I would suggest you to plan it around May or September.
- The crowd during May – June is mind boggling. If you are looking for solo travel and want to make some new friends during the trek than May is perfect month for trekking to Kheerganga.
- The second reason would be the pleasant weather. As you all know this year Himachal Pradesh has witnessed number of landslides which took number of life’s. So i would suggest you not to travel during the monsoons.
- This is also the time when Kasol becomes the party hub so if you are planning for a trek along with some fun then May month is for you
- September is my personal favorite month for trekking to Kheerganga. The best thing about this time period is that the crowd is very less during the month of September as compare to the other months of May and June.
- The second reason is that being an off season in the valley everything becomes cheaper from Bike renting to staying in the camps.
- And the last but not the least reason is the pleasant weather. This is the time when you can see the lush green meadows and the amazing waterfall on the way.
So these were few things which I thought of sharing with you guys so that you can plan a much better trip next time and do not commit those mistakes which I committed.
Here are Few Pictures from my recent trip to Kheerganga during September
If you liked the pictures do follow me on Instagram
How To Reach Kheerganga
- Most of the travelers start their journey from Delhi. So I am going to tell you how can a person reach Kheerganga from Delhi
- Volvo is the best option which start from Kashmiri Gate in Delhi to Manali in Himachal Pradesh
- Don’t head to Manali in the Volvo. Get down in the place named as Bhuntar from where you will head to Kasol
- If you are Budget traveler then you can take a bus from Bhuntar to Kasol which run at regular interval one after another till 5 in the evening.
- But if you are an adventurous person then you can rent a bike from Bhuntar to commute in the valley. Bike rental call 8988265439
- After Kasol you need to head toward Manikaran and then toward Barsheni. From Barsheni one can walk till Tosh or get a bus to Tosh.
- Trek to kheerganga starts from Tosh and one can cross 3-4 villages on the way binding some picturesque beauty, often considered heaven for the photographers.
- Trek to Kheerganga from Tosh is around 14km out of which it is an easy walk till Rudranag. And after that some steep slopes may take your breath away. This part of the trekking beholds some amazing scenery that may blow your mind.
- You can also follow the path by village Kalga but the main disadvantage of this part is that the place is less extra ordinary as compared to the other way.