Bike rides are among the best things one can experience in Himachal Pradesh. In my previous article I have given detailed info about How to rent bikes in Bhuntar or Kullu in Himachal Pradesh. I received number of mails thanking me for sharing the contact of Thakur Bhai for bike rental. So today I thought of sharing my bike rental experience in Dehradun.
Last month I went to Dehradun for 5 days trip but before going I was really confused about my travel options from Manali. Firstly I thought of taking my own bike to Dehradun but due to the distance I needed to cover I dropped the plan.
I just booked my seat in Himsuta traveling to Dehradun from Kullu. The bus starts its journey from Kullu around 6 in the evening and reaches Dehradun by 6-7 in the morning. As I reached there quite early so I just wandered here and there exploring the clock tower market, Subhash road and various other malls on the way. I was basically waiting for a friend of mine to join me after few hours of waiting he finally joined me. Now the next problem was how to head towards Mussoorie from Dehradun.
The best option would definitely be to rent a bike from Dehradun to Mussoorie but the question was, where to rent a bike from? Then suddenly something strike my head and it was the number which I noted from the poster which I saw at Dehradun bus stand. The poster said something about the bike rental so I saved the number on my mobile.
Without wasting any further time I called the number saved by the name Jimmy Bike rental. The person on the call was very polite and he gave me the address of “ 2nd floor Snap tower (near BSNL office), Lalpur, patelnagar. I asked the auto rickshaw driver to drop me to the following address and within 30 minute I reached my destination.
When ever I rent a motorcycle may it be Manali, Kasol or Bhuntar my first and only choice is to Royal enfield and so was here. Without wasting any time I rented a Royal enfield for 1500 rs Per day. After that we headed to our respective location that was Mussoorie.
First and the foremost thing, There are several tour/travel operators/Mechanical workshops/mechanics in Dehradun and Mussoorie who offer services for renting or hiring a bike or motorcycle in Dehradun and Mussoorie. The main thing is to be sure that the motorcycle you are hiring is in good condition.
And after my experience I can assure you guys that this person is really trustworthy.
JimmyByk rental contact- 8909851393
Important Things to know for hiring a Bike/Motorcycle in Bhuntar
- The first and the last thing you should do before renting a motorcycle is to check it properly. The conditions of the bikes are not that good so “prevention is always better than cure”.
- You should always book a motorcycle after reaching a particular place. Booking online can create problems sometimes. Visit the various bike rental workshops test drive a bike before actually renting it for a trip
- You should always have a valid driving license before renting a bike. If you are beginner in riding a bike then you should prefer bus as a good traveling option to Mussoorie.
- Some dealers will provide you too old bikes which will cost your pockets very less but that is never a good idea. Try to get a new bike at a decent price after bargaining. Bargaining is tool which I always use while traveling in Uttarakhand.
- If you want to plan a short trip for the local sightseeing then renting a bike in Dehradun can be a good option but if you are looking to planning a long trip then Delhi is much better option for renting a bike.
- Make sure that the RC(registration certificate), Insurance and PUC (Pollution Under Control) documents related to rented/hired bike are provided and they are up to date and valid enough. After all you do not want to land in some dismal situation on your life time trip.
- Always ask your motorcycle renter to attach carrier to your bike so that it becomes easy for you guys to carry your luggage in most comfortable manner.
And for any other queries you are free to comment below .. and don’t forget to share….2