Its just an amazing feeling to ride a bike on Manali – Leh highway. I remember my last trip to Trilokinath which I planned last year with few of my friends. The bikes which we rented were Himalayan and Royal enfield 500 and believe me guys the feeling of riding these bikes was just fabulous.
At home I myself ride 350cc bullet but when we planned a trip to Leh my only choice was to ride Royal Enfield Himalayan because many people told me that it is the best off roading bike till now.
Rahul Thakur my old friend and companion helped me a lot in arranging bikes in Manali. I trust this person blindly, Month ago I just called him and told that I would need two bike 500cc bullet and Himalayan for 8-9 days and he said no problem.
When I reached Manali I could spot Rahul standing outside bus stand with two brand new bikes which he bought lately. He charged me around 1700Rs for Himalayan and 1600 Rs for 500 cc royal enfield standard per day. The best part was that both the bikes were having saddle fixed which otherwise we have to rent seperately on per day basis ( 100 Rs per day)
That is the reason when ever I visit Kullu or Manali this person is my first and only choice. If I have to rate this person I would give him 10 out of 10 marks. Rahul Thakur = 8988265439
Where to Hire/Rent a Bike/Motorcycle in Manali
If you ask my suggestion then personally the contact number I have mentioned above is the best option to hire bikes in Manali or Bhuntar. wherever you want to just tell this person your location and he will provide you bike where ever you want may be in Hotel or anywhere else.
Cost to Hire/Rent a Bike/Motorcycle in Manali
Cost of Renting a bike in Manali varies depending upon so many factors like the condition, Availability, Bike model, Peak season etc.
The general cost varies from 800 Rs to 2000 Rs.
Avenger(220cc) =1000 Rs
Bullet (350cc)= 1500 Rs
Bullet (500)= 1800 Rs
Royal Enfield Himalayan = 2000 Rs
These are the prices mentioned above can be negotiated if your bargaining skills are good.
You may get bikes in cheaper rates but always remember that if you are getting motorcycle cheaper than usual rates then their may be some problem which can land up in some unwanted situation. So always look for decent bikes and try to bargain.
Important Things to know for Renting/hiring a Bike/Motorcycle in Manali
- The first and the last thing you should do before renting a bike is to check it properly. The conditions of the bikes are not that good so “prevention is always better than cure”.
- If you are planning a Spiti or Leh bike tour then booking a bike online would be a great Idea but only from a trusted source. Because during the peak season getting bikes become really difficult so booking in advance is the best option.
- Always remember to carry the deposit amount which varies from 10K to 15K if you are renting a bike to Leh or Spiti. This deposit amount is refundable and you get it back when you return the motorcycle
- You will need to deposit one of the original identity proof of yours like passport, pan card etc along with the money in many cases.
- You should always have a valid driving license before renting a bike. If you are beginner in riding a bike then you should prefer bus as a good traveling option to Leh Ladakh.
- Bikes rented outside Leh are not allowed for sightseeing inside Ladakh including Pangong Tso, Nubra Valley, Khardung La etc. Outside rented bikes can only be used to enter Leh from Srinagar – Leh Highway or Manali – Leh Highway. So always keep this thing in mind before planning a trip
- Private owned bikes can be used to commute anywhere in Leh – Ladakh. You just have to show your name in the RC of bike or your parents name.
- Some dealers will provide you too old bikes which will cost your pockets very less but that is never a good idea. Try to get a new bike at a decent price after bargaining. Bargaining is tool which I always use while traveling in Himachal.
- If you want to plan a short trip for the local sightseeing then renting a bike in Manali can be a good option but if you are looking to plan a trip to Leh Ladakh then Bhuntar is much better option for renting a bike.
- Make sure that the RC(registration certificate), Insurance and PUC (Pollution Under Control) documents related to rented/hired bike are provided and they are up to date and valid enough. After all you do not want to land in some dismal situation on your life time trip.
- Always ask your bike renter to attach carrier to your bike so that it becomes easy for you guys to carry your luggage in most comfortable manner.
I have written this post because earlier I have written how you can rent or hire bikes in Bhuntar after which i recieved lot of mails thanking me for sharing the contact of local person of Kullu
And for any other queries you are free to comment below .. and don’t forget to share….