Bike trips are not just only about the geographical journey but are more about self- discovery, said the two bikers whom I met on my trip to Spiti valley last year. They said that it is a damn great feeling to ride a bike on the muddy roads to Spiti valley than to drive on the highway of Leh Ladakh. These guys shared their experiences, from their beautiful journey to the problems they faced in renting a bike in Manali, they told us everything. So I thought why don’t I write an article about how and from where one can rent a bike or motorcycle in Bhuntar or Kullu for his/her trip.
I have noticed that for almost all the adventure lovers and bikers, bike trip to Leh Ladakh has become one of the top things to do in life. Some have their own bikes and some go for the second option that is-hiring one from Manali. There are number of touring giants in Manali which offers this service(renting bikes) but the thing is that if someone is planning to start a trip from Bhuntar or Kullu then what are the options. Kasol which is also called as mini Israel is a beautiful village in Parvati valley which lies at a distance of 32km from Bhuntar. The major option to reach Kasol is by the local bus service which starts from Bhuntar and ends up in Manikaran. The buses start to depart from Bhuntar to Manikaran at regular interval of one hour, one after the another. The bus service starts at 7am in the morning to 5pm in the evening. But if you are looking for the second option that is to rent a bike or motorcycle to Kasol from Bhuntar then here is the option.
Bike Rental In Bhuntar
First and the foremost thing, There are several tour/travel operators/Mechanical workshops/mechanics in Bhuntar and Kullu who offer services for renting or hiring a bike or motorcycle in Bhuntar and Kullu. The main thing is to be sure that the bike you are hiring is in good condition. Last year when I landed up in Bhuntar around 4am in morning it was very difficult for me. The place was totally isolated and I was really confused about how I can reach Kasol because all the bus services would start after 7 in the morning . Then I remembered one of my Friends Ajay bhardwaj who is native to the place gave me the number of person called Rahul thakur who operate the agency of Bike rentals in Bhuntar. It was too early to call but still I thought to give a try at least. I called him and to my surprise I was really amazed by the service he did’nt refused me and within 15 minutes he arrived with the royal enfield. I bargained with him for the price and head off to Kasol. I rented the bike for two days for just rupee 3000 (royal enfield 500cc) the bike was in great condition and when I returned back I promised that guy that I will definitely recommend all my friends to him. Rahul thakur- 8988265439. This guy in Bhuntar runs a totally registered travel agency so you can be sure about the safety.
Important Things to know for hiring a Bike/Motorcycle in Bhuntar
- The first and the last thing you should do before renting a bike is to check it properly. The conditions of the bikes are not that good so “prevention is always better than cure”.
- You should always book a bike after reaching a particular place. Booking online can create problems sometimes. Visit the various bike rental workshops test drive a bike before actually renting it for a trip
- You should always have a valid driving license before renting a bike. If you are beginner in riding a bike then you should prefer bus as a good traveling option to parvati valley or Kasol
- Some dealers will provide you too old bikes which will cost your pockets very less but that is never a good idea. Try to get a new bike at a decent price after bargaining. Bargaining is tool which I always use while traveling in Himachal.
- If you want to plan a short trip for the local sightseeing then renting a bike in Bhuntar can be a good option but if you are looking to plan a trip to Leh Ladakh then Manali is much better option for renting a bike.
- Make sure that the RC(registration certificate), Insurance and PUC (Pollution Under Control) documents related to rented/hired bike are provided and they are up to date and valid enough. After all you do not want to land in some dismal situation on your life time trip.
- Always ask your bike renter to attach carrier to your bike so that it becomes easy for you guys to carry your luggage in most comfortable manner.
And for any other queries you are free to comment below .. and don’t forget to share….